Followers

Friday, December 5, 2014

Sleigh Bells Ring

Sleigh Bells Ring ....
Do you hear them??

Well maybe it is because you are not here...
I hear them ever so very loud..
 
I had to create a ATB also for a few challenges...
and wanted to create something special
for my white area in the house... 
Trees, glitter, wintery wonderlands,
so rich in the glow of the snow...
(which I hope we get none of ) 
 
Anyway... here is what I created... 
I took a lot of pictures... so I will try and not write as much...
 
 
Using Eileen Hull's 3" ATB
I created the block...
but I altered it a little... LOL... 

I cut circles into it...
and then used these beads from the year ONE... 
 I think I bought this in 2005....  LOL...
Anyway... they are clear...
but the adhesive paper made them
turn this really pretty Antique Linen color... 
so I am glad...  it is pretty... 

On the panel that was going to be the top... I
 wanted there to be stars... 
Thus the glitter on the inside top area.   

 
Tried to get a picture of the actual beads... 
there are 1000's of them...

 
Remember this is the block being put together...
so I wanted the tree to be up on something...
What better than a rosette... 
 
 

 
My real tree branches got a little Tim Snow on them... 

 
I made this sleigh from two flat wooden ornaments...
and made the sleigh and then all the flowers... 




 
Is that cute or what...
The tree is a little tight in there... but hey...
 


 
After the block went together...
I had to see what it looked like...
I love this...
so very pretty...
a little cave of glimmering winter... 

 
With the sleigh on top...
and the branches all around the block

 
I mounted the block onto a 3.5 x 3.5 paper and then added the cheese cloth and the limbs... 
 


also added a glimmering silver snowflake... 
 



 
Funny story...
hope I can make it short...
My studio is a little bit of glittery mess right now...
and my Hubby doesnt' really like glitter...
he is afraid of it getting into our eyes etc...
I am aware of that...
BUT... you have to have glitter on some things...
life is not complete with out GLITTER...
now come on...
 
Well I had really been glittering and having a blast with it...
but realized I was covered in it...
so I went to take a shower, wash hair and change clothes prior to cooking dinner...
Ahhhhh... nice day..
At the dinner table I looked over at my husband
and he had glitter all over his face...
Do I tell him now
or do I wait until after dinner...
I really had to hold in the laughter... but I did tell him...
He looked like a gnome with glitter from a fairy all over him...
I love it...
He looked great to me... 
 



 
So that is my little ATB Winter style...
I am putting this into two challenges...
and also
 
Thank you all so very much for stopping by for a visit at my blog... I do love all the comments you leave...
and read each one with love. 
Hope you have a great day...
and if you get glittery...
think of me..
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! LOVE this so much! The little twigs coated in 'snow' are so cool... love the little bells too! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A textural delight Bonnie with glitter, beads and snow abounding! So perfect for our challenge and yes, it inspires me to think about making a 3D ATC which is something I've yet to try!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veeery cute, Bonnie!

    I love your little tree in its shiny dome and the glitter story was a treat to read. Glitter really seems to have this habit of getting everywhere - and stay there for as long as it wants to...lol. Did you know that glittering husbands are one of the most rare species in the world? They are very precious, but should not be cleaned with water or put under the shower...giggle.

    Erm....yes. ;)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner again (have seen your other entry and will check immediately after I have finished this comment)! And huge, huge congrats on being our first Golden Winner ever (as you have done it again and won Kerstin's challenge too...YAY!)! Definitely well deserved, my talented friend!

    Big, big hug and wishes,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bonnie... so glad to see your beautiful crafting again...I have been missing your posts. Your ATB is beautiful! I love the sleigh full of lovely flowers and the exterior of the box decorated with real "snow" covered branches just makes me feel likes it's a cold winter's day beckoning me to come inside. Thanks for sharing your talent

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything is better with glitter. ;-) I love your glittery ATB - it is beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Eileen's Art with Heart challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh! how inspiring ^.^ love the colorful accent from the red roses and the whole calm yet festive impression of this project. thank you for sharing it with us at Art With Heart December challenge ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie this is so elegant- I love how you thought through exactly what you wanted to do. Thanks for entering the Art With Heart Challenge- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely, Bonnie - I love the frosty sparkle on the natural elements... the twigs look so special. Another beautiful tiny creation. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Bonnie,just catching up now! This is stunning,beautifully created. The glitter story made me laugh....happens all the time with me...even the cat gets covered in it! Try frantage....that stuffs even worse!

    Extra big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning, Bonnie! I decided to pop in a see what YOU were doing in that studio of yours! Brilliant winter creation! I adore that sleigh filled with the most beautiful flowers! This entire creation is just a feast for the eyes! Glitter? Ha! Actually, I was wondering about those microbeads! I can never open a jar without spilling them all over! But yes, everyone and everything here is covered in glitter! I bet Glenn looks Maaavelous in his!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic creation! I really love it.

    ReplyDelete