Followers

Sunday, December 14, 2014

#4 tag Twelve Days of Christmas TAGS...

Hi Again... well I am having so very much fun... 
 
You see I am doing the
TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS TAGS
over at  
THE FUNKIE JUNKIE
 
what fun I am having too.. this is my second day of playing and the first day I got two tags done.. and today two...  maybe three for tomorrow??? 
 
As a friend use to say...
I love it when a PLAN comes together...
and it has... 
 
 
 
Just so that you know... you go to the site... view the magnificent tag that Linda has made.. oh she is the Funkie Junkie... and then become inspired... and make your own...
You also have to do all 12 challenges... 
So that is the routine I am on...
I will get them all done... just a matter of having fun and creating and learning as much as possible in the time I have allotted myself to do these... 
 
What a fun treat for self... 
 







Inspiration was the Holly… had to use this holly …..


I wanted the Holly to be textured and also as a side muted fair… a little contrary… but wanted that look…  I stamped some trees first… and then added the holly with textured paste and quickly added some embossing powder and heated it… okay… I had my trees and my holly .. now what???  MORE HOLLY….   So I stamped and then fussy cut out this holly… and then added a ribbon and a little cardinal…  and last but not least… the jingle bell…

 
I have to add the fact that on our land we have tons of holly TREES... and bushes...  so very magnificently beautiful... at any time of the year. 
 
When the berries come onto the male trees it is so very pretty... we do have a few hybrids also and they all get the berries too... 
 
our trees ....
we have one tree that is over 60 foot tall...
and it also has mistletoe growing on it too... 
Mistletoe is a plant that is considered a parasite,
by many people,
as it grows off the main tree... 
and it grows in a ball... 
when the leaves come off a tree in the fall,
you can see all the balls of mistletoe growing... 
Some of the local men around here,
shoot the balls down with their guns...
to harvest the mistletoe...  for sale. 
 
 
 
 
We also have a lot of pretty cardinals... the bright red ones as you know are the males... and the shy darker in rusty reds are the females...  they mate for life, so they say... but I really haven't talked to one recently... so not really totally sure about that..
but I do love them... 
Especially after a freshly fallen snow, 
so very REGAL and magnificent. 

 
 


 
The Jingle bells is a paper punch by Martha S.
and I colored it gold with a nice metallic marker. 
Nice and light to hang on a tag... 
 
 
A little holly.... love HOLLY 
Lots of holly trees all over our farm... some are over 60 feet tall... huge big old holly trees... 

 
The first year we lived here, I picked a huge amount of holly...
trimming all the bushes in the yard...
put it all over the mantle... as it was something that I had always desired to do when living up north...
but could never afford the money on cut holly...
but now, I had it all free and also helped the holly bushes grow fuller... 
 
Well after Christmas was all over... you have to clean up...
and the HOLLY...
wow...
it was brutal to clean up..
I finally got on a pair of thick gloves and put it all into a large plastic bag...  as the points on the leaves were cutting into my hands... very painful... so be kind to yourself... and enjoy holly on the plant... 
 
I really love Holly...
and wanted to create a box for My 12 Days of Christmas Tags
for the Funkie Junkie Challenge... so
I did... 
 
 

 
This is one view of it... 
I used a frame from the Dollar store...
an old one that was gold...
and textured (you will see that in a second)
and created a box... 
and attached it to the frame...
what you are seeing is this Holly garland that I must have bought about 8 years ago... and didn't think I would EVER use it...
but ... guess what...
I love it...
 

 
This is looking down into the box... 
The inside is covered in a paper by Making Memories
called BELIEVE... 
had to use it...
 



Here is some of the detail on the frame...
It was gold... I used a little gesso and then some white glitter...
and transformed it into looking like a very expensive box...
 
The Clear plastic holly was colored with green and red and
PLUM
(to take place of the Pickled Raspberries
that I am so involved with this season...) 
 
But that is only on ONE side of the box...
the other three sides have the clear holly... 

 
The purpose of that is this... 
I have some really typical colored tags..
but then I have some that are going to be the blues etc....
you see... I have most of my tags all planned out...
as I am late in starting this challenge...
I just have to manifest them...
and I am having so very much fun doing that too....
Thanks Linda for this challenge.. 

 
Okay...
so with that being said...
here is the red, green and PLUM side...
love it... 
so Vibrant.... yes??? 

 
For my other side...
clear... yet since it is a glimmer clear plastic...
it picks up the blues...
LOVE IT TOO...
The best of both worlds...
 
 

 
 
There you have number 4 tag... 
and the box that will hold all my tags,
Hopefully they will all fit into it... 
 
Hope you can do a tag too...
These challenges are fun...
and it does get you into the mood for Christmas...
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells... Jingle all the way...
(you should be very glad you are where you are, and not having
to listen to my singing... it is not the best...
but I am having a jolly time of playing... )    
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today... and hope to see you tomorrow ...
or maybe even later...  you never know... things are rocking around here now...
 
 
 
Please make sure you go to the FUNKIE JUNKIE
and see all the wonderful work of all that are creating these
12 days of Christmas Tags,
and also go and view the
Lots of fun there too… wow…
you name it…
It is a wonderland all unto it’s self…
 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 
 
P.S...... can you tell I have been playing all day long???
Studio is trashed... and I need help... ????
but got another one coming... 
 

1 comment:

  1. And yet another fantastic tag, Bonnie. The holly and the trees and the cardinal - so lovely. And I loved your description of the holly the mistletoe. We have mistletoe growing in the trees in here in north Florida too. I have heard that people shoot it down to harvest it too. Very interesting. Thanks so much for your delightful tag and write up!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete