Followers

Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Monday.... what a lovely day of the week...

Today is Monday...  and it is a busy busy day around here... even though it is raining, I am canning up some beans... and threw some blueberries into the freezer...  and made a card... yes ONE card for THREE challenges... usually it is the other way around... but this week is really hectic and I wanted to do something for all three of these challenges... 

Simon Says... I have to say again... THANK YOU all for the lovely honor of  Designer Spotlight...  it is truly a huge honor... and also the Winnings of a $50.00 shopping spree...  WOW... what fun is that...  so Please check out this FUN challenge... and ENTER today...    This week it is Mid Summer Challenge...  with sort of an anything goes type of theme...  for this theme I choose to do summer flowers... one of my favorites...  tiny blue bells... please check out this site and join in on the fun... 

The other challenge is Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge and they ask that we use up STUFF we have... and get the old things and USE them...  I had to join... I keep on thinking that something miraculous will happen and my studio will become clean...!!!  LOL...  Anyway the theme this week is to EMBOSS...  dry or with a heat gun...  so I did a little of both... I embossed dry... with a tim holtz embossing folder and then I used many different colors of embossing powders all over the paper.. I love the way it turned out...   hope you can see enough of it... I also used little fancy spellbinder pieces on the corners and embossed them too...  so I do have some embossing going on here... I just did the first challenge here yesterday... and everyone seems so very welcoming and happy... I love that...  so here I am again with another piece... as I promised... 

Third.. but not least is the Shabby Tea Room challenge... which I have not done in over two years... I use to have dial up and it was so very difficult to get onto a site... let alone post, and do all that one has to do... so I gave up doing it... and this spring when we finally were able to get high speed... I got on line and started to PLAY... and here I am again...  Hi Debbie...  Okay... the challenge here is to do flowers... and also lace... I have the blue.. but not the pink... hope that the colors are okay... if not, I had fun adding my lace... and will watch to see if the colors have to be the same too... 


Okay... now some of the other things that I have added...  my background paper and the envelope of course I made also... I took Distress inks and put them onto a worksheet and spritz and created the papers... then I took a die cut and made a stencil with the butterfly die cut of tim's... and that is how I got the butterflies...  also used a small group of flowers on the card background... just because I love flowers... 

The center of the oval frame... (which is crackled) I took a piece of one of the green tall plants from the butterfly garden we have on the farm... and brought it home and sprayed it with some Dylusional ink...  I love the results... 

I made all the flowers... and used stamen that I did buy...  in the centers of each flower...  the ribbon is of course seam binding dyed... 

So... that is my card... now I guess you would like to see it...

 
Midnight Bloom 

 
Embossed paper in background and spellbinder fancy corner also embossed 

 
I adore butterflies... and this one I made using Tim Holtz's die cut... cut 100's of them... and painted the all different colors to use... if you want to talk about OCD Karen... we can now talk!!!  LOL..
anyway.. .I generally make the butterflies double... to show them flying FREE... and the underneath one is generally always different...  just the way it is... 

 
Here you can see the difference of the other butterfly...  also the spraying of the tall grasses...  I used sunshine yellow (?) and also a brown... love the effects I got. 

 
Some of the bluebells... 

With a large card like this, I generally try and make a matching envelope... which I did...  paper matches sort of... not the stamping on the butterflies... but colors and butterflies are a match...  
 
 

 
This is what the paper looks like close up... 
 
So that is it... hope you enjoyed this... and thanks for stopping in to see me...  I really love your visits and also love your sweet comments... thanks so very much for both... 
 
Hope you have a wonderful day creating and enjoying... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

16 comments:

  1. Amazing Bonnie! Your stamped butterfly background looks outstanding! Love all the blossoms, butterflies and embossed detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so scrumptious, so lovely in every detail. Looks like a decadent dessert. . .love the colors, the techniques, the layers, the lace. . .you've added sparkle to MY day! And, you showed your hoard that you're the boss!! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful creation Bonnie,I love seeing what wonderfulness you have come up with,very inspiring :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is one beautifully composed work of art! I love the subtle sparkle you added, and the way it ties into your stamped sentiment. All the wonderful die cuts and layers are divine. But that background, that gloriously inky background, just fills me with delight. The butterfly and the bluebells are the icing on the cake. Your attention to detail is wonderful. So glad you played along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous! So much work must have gone into this stunning piece! I applaud you! Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a fabulous card. Adore all your details. Pretty flowers, elegant butterflies, pretty stamping, embossing etc. Everything just matches up perfect !!!!!
    Can I ask which die or punch you used for your blue flowers ?
    They are so cute !!!
    Thank you for sharing you lovely work.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow...this is fabulous!!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...a stunning card..I love every gorgeous detail of it...and you are fine, the photo is for inspiration only...congrats on your win at Simon Says...I bet you had so much fun shopping!! Thank you for joining us at "The Shabby Tea Room" for our "Sweet Shabby Flowers" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! So many details! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning! There are so many things to look at, it must have taken you forever! The texture on the frame is wonderful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous! Lots of attention to detail and each detail is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very beautiful and delicate! So glad you joined us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous. ~Diane GDT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and amazing work Bonnie! hugs from July GDT Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! That is so lovely! I am in awe of all the details of this project! Thanks for playing along with us a Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So very pretty! Love the butterflies! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete