Followers

Thursday, April 24, 2014

TRI FOLDED CARD

Oh I know you have heard me say this before... but this happens to be one of my very favorite card styles using medallions... it is so very flowing and everyone who sees them falls in love with them...  I have not heard one person say anything other than flowery words when they see these... I have made many... and maybe you have seen others... (only in person... I don't think I have put any others on line...)  ?? 

I call it a Tri fold... as the paper is folded to create a tri folded card...

I use a piece of 12 X 6 paper... and fold so that there are three equal sections... You also need about that much space to play... love it... a larger piece of paper just would mean it would take me longer... love making these pretty cards...  With paper this size it gives you a section of 4 x 6 to play in... 

Yes there is planning on where to make the peek a boo circles... and what medallion folds to use in each section...  You can use solid paper... or double sided paper... but you do want a sturdy paper... I have also used regular card stock... and then glued on other pieces of paper in each section for the strength... 

Okay.. I will tell you more as I go along.. Maybe..??? 



 
Front of the card..  the background is two layers..  one with the Martha Stewart punching... and then a dry embossed layer over that....  the medallion is created for the circle that is cut out...  the clip art is from a gift card... 
 
When you open the card.. you will see below... 



This is just the card open one time...  as you can see the circle on the front is up on the top of this side... and another medallion is on this side... with of course a faerie of the flowers...  when this is closed... the medallion in the lower panel can be seen thru the front panel...  (sometimes the cards will not cooperate when I am taking the pictures... LOL) 
But I think you can see that the medallion under is peeking thru in the lower panel...  that is what the purpose of this card is... the medallions are all peeking thru from layer to layer...  such fun... 

 
When the card is open entirely this is the view you see...  three panels...and each one has viewing a couple of times... such fun and mystery...  is this card not fun... it is even more fun to make this card...  I love all the sections.. and have basically done the same with each panel... he MS punching around the borders of an embossed piece of paper... and then the medallion... simple ... well you know what I mean... elegant and allowing the medallions to POP out at you... 
 
 
Hope you have enjoyed this one...
and thanks so very much for the visit to my blog... 
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 


4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous fun card and the colors are so gorgeous.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Myrna, I love to play and have fun with paper.... think you know that one... LOL... and this card is one of my very favorites to make... in fact I have a couple of gals who are learning Tea Bag folding and they are going to learn this in the next class... it has taken over a year for them to get to this level... but they are good and make really pretty medallions... so it is worth it... thanks again... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love all the details and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love all the details and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete