Followers

Saturday, July 6, 2013

WOW... The rain is making food!!

Sometimes we look at things in a way that we shouldn't...  like this rain... wow... I have been screaming for years about the drought... and finally we have rain... lots of it...  I have been  told that even though it has been raining for weeks now on a regular basis... that we are still 9 inches below normal...  that is how bad it has been here... but now wow... way too much... hopefully it will balance out soon...  it has rained off and on all day today...  and the sun has also come out off and on too...  

So Glenn, my sweet hubby, went out on a mushroom walk... and this is what he found...  

 Chantarelle's!!!  WOW... they are the BEST ever...  so I decided to make a really gourmet dinner for us with these elegant beauties...  

Have you ever had them???  
They are so very special...  


 This is what they look like up close... 
 And this is the under side of them...  

Well... I wanted to make it a nice simple meal... but ever so special...  so I sauteed a shallot, green scallions, just a couple, a few fresh cloves of garlic that was harvested yesterday... and the Chantarelle's... Then when I felt they were ready... I added Artichoke Hearts... and mean while, Glenn was cooking some Rice noodles...  we don't eat wheat or anything with Gluten... and these particular rice noodles are wonderful...  cook up like they were wheat...  and are yummie too...  

Then I shredded some raw milk cheddar, and sliced an avocado ...  
When the noodles were on the plate... I put some of the chantarelle's, and artichoke on the noodles... and then added the sliced avocado  and then put some shredded cheese on the top... oh wow... what a special treat this was... simple, and elegant...  

WE totally enjoyed this simple elegant meal to the fullest... and to think that these beautiful mushrooms were growing on our land is another thing again...  we will be able to harvest a lot of them this coming week... thank you Earth Mother for all the bounty you give to us...  we love it.  

Well...  
 I wanted to share with you some tea bag folding... I love doing these kinds of things... actually I become very addicted to tea bag folding... as I really love the outcome and the act of creating with the medallions...  

If you are interested in knowing more about this art form...  please go to my other blog called Medallion Art   I have quite a few classes available for you to partake in...  it is a fun art... and will help to make all kinds of projects POP!!!


I think that this box is really special... as are about 30 others I have made... LOL.. I told you I was addicted to this...  and I am...  

I will show you a few more next week... I have them on the other computer and am waiting for a modem, so I can connect to the internet with this lap top...  never a dull moment around here...  EVER...  

Thanks for stopping by here for a visit... I love you for just stopping in for a few minutes... and hope you have enjoyed my babble... LOL...  

have a wonderful day tomorrow... Sunday... enjoy every minute of it...  100% ....  

Love, Light and Peace .... Bonnie  

 

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    I have been way too lax in commenting but often stop by your blog.
    The mushrooms and your elegant meal sounded yummy.
    Love your tea bag folded box.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading about your mushroom dinner! Wonderful creation too!

    ReplyDelete