Followers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sassy with an Attitude

The title says it all .... Sassy with an ATTiTUDE...  love it.. 
The colors are so very vibrant... which I love...  and the stamping was all FUN with all capitals... 

On the other side of my life.. I have been having to help a lot around the farm.  This time of year we do a lot of planting, also harvesting starts...  

I had to do something with the amount of asparagus we had… so that started this  whole process…  

Glenn  has been picking asparagus every day for over 10 days… and each day the amount is larger and larger…. We were eating a lot of them… but not able to eat all of them… so today I HAD to do something with all of these asparagus… and we don’t like frozen foods… so that was out…  

 soooooooooooooo 

I  made some pickled asparagus… never done it prior to today… and I hope that they will be good… as I made a couple of gallons of them… LOVE ASPARAGUS… but ….  I needed to save some for when we don’t have them…  so will try these and see how they taste… 

Okay… then I had all these precious ends of the asparagus, etc left over… and so I threw them into the Vita Mix… with some water and veggie bouillon… a few shallots… and wizzed that… and put into the large pot.. as I had a lot of ends etc…So that made into about 10 quarts of soup… will have to can some of that later on…

 I had bought some nice Brussel sprouts and so I sauteed them with some shiitake mushrooms, and tempeh..  cooked that in the wok… really delicious…

 I had a few cukes that I had paid a lot of money for.. so I had better use them in a salad… so I used some shredded daikon, sliced celery… and the cukes…  wow… and a nice avocado dressing for the salad… wow it is ever good… 

Then I had to have a nice dessert for this dinner… so I made some wheat free brownies… and they are in the oven now…  will be done in a few minutes…   

I have to say... as dinner is all over and the dishes are now done!!!!  That it was a delicious dinner... each dish was GREAT.... we loved it all... but I do have enough for about another 8 meals... so I am going to have to 'freeze' some of these things for another meal.... wow... I really made way to much.  
 


Did you have fun so far today... go have some fun now... and enjoy it 100%...  believe me it is fun to play...  Hope you have fun doing it... and thanks for stopping by too... see you tomorrow... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie, You should have sent me an invite LOL. Your posts are so enjoyable and a very rare talent. Hope you have a lovely Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete