Followers

Saturday, December 3, 2011

More Joyousness in Poinsettias

Oh what fun I have had today playing with these backgrounds... I even gave a couple to my neighbor to play with... hopefully she will make a tag and enter it... I do so hope she will... 
 Anyway from all the great comments about these pretty poinsettias I have to tell you again that I do make all my own papers for these flowers... I think it makes the flowers look more real...  

So generally speaking all the paper on these tags and card is white cardstock... love the stuff... almost as much as Victorian Velvet color!!!! LOL.. love that stuff... did I tell you I LOVE THAT COLOR....  

Anyway.. want to see some more.... 



Because I had all these fun and wonderful
 backgrounds all made, I had to use them up... LOL... good excuse anyway... right... can't let anything go to waste... 
Not a good thing... anyway .. they will get used or put into a book... maybe I will even sell some???? think about that later.. 


So here is one that I did... with a cute little bird on it... 


The bird is a sizzix die cut... but was cute.. 
and you know how that goes... gotta have it.. 


 So the other day I made a couple of them just to have on hand.. they have two wings... and so cute...  so I started to build this area as a 'nest' area...  some of The frilly white flowers from Idea-ology.... and the a poinsettia... and some greens...  and then a banner that I cut from scraps of left over paper from the poinsettia... which by the way... is a Spellbinder die cut... love it... can you tell yet??? 


Then the bird... didn't really need too much more, but I added some Seam binding... a must... victorian velvet... what else.. and then some beads from more of the left over paper scraps from the poinsettias...  put those on to the seam binding... and was done... 




 Here is a close up of the beads... (how to make... really very easy... cut a long triangle... narrow... 1/2 inch maximum at one end... and to a point at the other end... use a quilling needle... or just wind into a bead... so easy and really finishes off the seam binding... love it... 
 Another tag... more frills... love frills... and girly girl things...  anyway... a friend had given me these dies... I am not really sure what die she used... anyway... I colored this white one with vintage photo and iced spruce... hope that Ranger/Tim will do reinkers on some of these new ink pads.. I love them all.. but the iced spruce and the seedless preserves are getting used way more than the others... boo hoo... love them... 
Now don't forget that the background is stamped with one of Tim's stamps... directions etc are way down below... just keep on scrolling until you see the first tag like this...  

I added some greenery... the larger leaves... I made from a piece of paper that I had stamped on... and also had crackled... there was a small piece of paper... just large enough for me to get two leaves out of it... I love it... added the poinsettia  
and then a pearl in the center and some liquid pearl around it...  makes a wonderful center...  I love it... a couple of swirls, a bow and done... ready for the blog... 


One more thing... . 


I haven't done a card in a very long time... been playing with tags and books and presents for Christmas... so this was a treat.... 

Started off with my background... and distressed the edges and then colored with victorian velvet... and then some vintage photo.... and put aside... then I made another background using Marthas holly corner and border punches... and then used Iced Spruce on that... 
Again put aside... but actually I popped up the two layers onto an all white card that is 5x7... and then I started to work on the arrangement...  the fun and exciting part for me... I really love it all.. but love making arrangements...  

The Pointsettia and the leaf were papers I had painted... so that was just a cutting of each... then I cut the jingle bell from all white paper... (another Martha punch...)  and then a few little sprigs of greenery...  a bow and was done... love it... how about you????  

 
You can see the flower a little bit better in this picture... 
 Hope you have had a nice day... I am going to go make some dinner and then clean up my studio so that I can make another mess tomorrow for tag #4....  

Are you??? 

 
This tag also appears on Inspiration Emporium… so please take a few minutes and check out all the WONDERFUL tags there… they look so different and I personally think there are some there that are not on Tim’s … but check it out…

Thanks Shelly for telling me about this site… I love it… will be going there often…  that is for sure… my kind of site…
Hope to see yours tomorrow... I am so loving each and every tag... would love to give each person a huge hug for all the wonderment they are creating... Thanks to all of you out there... 


Also thanks for all the personal letters and comments on my tags and things... I love it.. so glad you wrote to me... 


Love, Light and Peace....Bonnie

1 comment: