Followers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween is on the way....hurry!!!

I love to make things.. duh!!!  All kinds of things... and generally speaking they are to give to others... As my house is filled ... and so I need to buy another house... with more walls, and more spaces to put all the things... OR... give them away... so I do give to others all the time...  That is what these are for.. 

The other day my friend and neighbor Sande, come over and we had fun making these shrines all day long... laughs, ink and glue all over our hands and most likely our faces too... but such fun... who cares... 

Glenn and I had started to enjoy the Omegas in sardines and I just didn't have the heart to throw away all these cute little cans... so I had a ton of them... I had seen a lot of shrines made from cans, and boxes and so... here are some that I made... 

 This one I have named the BAT CAVE... we live not too far from a town called Bat Cave... LOL... true name!!!  


Anyway.. I had to make this very contrasting so that my Mom could see what it was... 


The bug... spider has a purple GEM body...  glamorous spider.. . A resin pumpkin and the can is entirely black... other than the
 background paper that is Ripe Persimmon from the tri of New Distress Inks... love this bright color... so great... 
 The owl is on guard of the pumpkins and the season of the fall...  of course the skull had to be on there too...  along with other signs of fall such as the corn and acorns...   


Spooky token dangles down.. on so much fun to make these... and so much fun knowing that the people that they are going to will enjoy them... 
 A close up of the fall symbols under the owl...  


The white 'stuff' is suppose to remind of us of all the cobwebs that the spiders are so busily weaving these fall days...  huge webs to catch their pry....
 This one turned out to be a little bit larger... as it wouldn't stand up on it's own.. so I made a court yard for it... and then put a guard cat... and a fence all around it...  


The crow has his crown on.. as he is KING of the birds at this time of the year... gathering all the food it can for the winter ahead...  


The pumpkins are around the fence... 
and then on the inside is the WITCH... green face and all..  she is carrying a pumpkin with a funny look on it's face... scary plus...  Haunted token really does tell you what it is all about ... 

Well... dont' forget these are made from a sardine can...  and then painted and decorated with a lot of fun... 

So moral of the story... a very healthy outlook on life.... eat sardines and then create something with the can!!!  

Oh well.. I had fun... and love giving these to others... 
Hope that you had a fun day... and thanks so very much for stopping by for a visit...  hope to see you again soon... 

Love, Light and Peace.... Bonnie...  

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love you collage of mixed media Halloween vignettes. So now I have to go eat my sardines so I can try my hand at this. But it's ok 'cause I love sardines. LOL
    TFS and warm hugs to you---

    ReplyDelete