Followers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Button, Button, whose got the button?

I love old buttons.. there is something so nice about feeling them... have you ever just held a few in your hands and felt the smoothness of them... they are different than the ones made today...  

Anyway... I had some of the buttons that my Mom use to save... and I am sure that some were also from her mother too... my Nana... so there are generations of saving buttons in this little collection.. I wanted to preserve this a little bit... not really sure if either one of my children would want them.. but I did it for me most of all... 

So I took this nice little wooden box, and covered it in paper that actually had an advertisement for the college where my Grandmother graduated from... New England Conservancy of Music... in Boston, Ma.  and then took a few antique bottles and filled them with the buttons...  rolled up some lace and was done with the inside the box...  

 I also had a card of snaps that is pretty old too... so I just put that in there too.. 45 cents for a card of snaps... ???? Yikes have prices jumped or what!!!


A few little pieces of seam binding tape..  and a fancy label just for the fun of it... 


 On the top of the box, I had to make some flowers...  and a paper doily... and also added some seam binding flowers... ( the little brown ones)  The bird house was just sitting on my work table so that got a home with a little tatted doily under it... 


Is this Shabby Chic or what???  


 An to finish the little collection off I added a small box that needed to go along with this... some pretty K and Company paper and a little paper doily and some extra pearls and seam binding ribbon that of course I dyed myself to match this flower.  

Do I have fun or what???? I love this little collection... Of course I have to tell you the other half of the story now...  

I made this one morning... trying to keep quiet as my hubby was still sleeping... by the time he woke up, I was putting the finishing touches on this... so I decided that I would put this into my sewing room... 

After breakfast I went into the sewing room to see where I would put it, and decided that the room needed to be cleaned up, prior to putting anything more into that room... so I spent a few hours moving it all around, getting rid of stuff... cleaning out the closet and then had to move stuff around into another guest room... and then cleaned that room.. .and got rid of more stuff... and by the time that it was 5 in the afternoon... I sat down in my studio... and there was the box and arrangement that you see in the first picture... LOL... anyway... three days later, and the house cleaned of all junk and debris... it is still waiting to be put into the sewing room... I think I will do it today!!!  had to share that Erma Bombeck type of story with you... do you ever have days like that... ???  

I hope you have a wonderful day...and thanks so much for stopping by for a visit...  I have a lot more to share with you.. but will try and up load some more tomorrow...  this dial up stuff is very frustrating for me... always a slow process... LOL... 

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

No comments:

Post a Comment