Followers

Monday, July 4, 2011

Nature Love of birds

Happy Monday... Happy 4th of July... just a happy day...  Our daughter and her family are arriving here tonight for a couple of days... and so we are happy that they will be with us..

I am going to take my grandson and make an altered book with him... he is turning 7 and so I thought it would be fun to make a book of his 6th year of life...  trace his little hand for days in the future when it is big... I still have our kids little prints... in so many ways... but my favorite is that I quilted them... what a fun way to remember how tiny they were... Oh well.. there I go chatter again... so sorry... but that is so me...

Here is my tag for  challenge ... I really had fun making this tag... I am suppose to be cleaning... but hey... my studio needed to be 'cleaned' too... right...???

So I made this yummmy flower from a wipe that I use in the studio... and then using Tim Holtz's Tattered floral die... cut it out... there must have been some glitter on the table too... as there is glitter all over this flower...  and a little metallic gold mixed in too..

It is also for Grungy Monday ..  using a technique that Tim totally explains... on this great technique lesson... love these things... thanks so much Linda for this great challenge page... I love it... and look forward to Mondays... even though it is called GRUNGY MONDAY.... I love it all.. and being grungy... isn't that part of making art... decorating the studio and yourself... ???

So this technique tells you how to take an ink... and turn it into wonderful sparkling inks... I my goodness what fun... I think I need another 200 mini misters... I love these...

I made up about 10 of them... and spritzed a lot of tags... and finally settled on a couple that I really loved for this project...

I took Sailboat blue and mixed in Sunflower perfect pearls... and then did the same with bottle... oh what fun...  prior to spritzing them... I used white dabber to create a background of florals... from the same stamp set that the bird is from...  and then I spritzed the tag... let it all dry ... and then started to stamp words, and gauze, and birds...  You are missing the best part of this tag... as it totally glistens all over... love it...

There are of course a few other things that I love to do on this tag also... like the ribbon... oh Shelly... did you ever think that you would create a ribbon freak out of me???  I am totally addicted to this ribbon.. love all the colors, and mixing it all... and then keeping it a box that I can see all the colors so brightly shining out asking to be used... so I had to use two of my favorites on this tag...  the ribbons also have flecks of gold on it... to match the shining of the over all tag...

I attached the word FIND... because we all need to help birds in so many ways... by keeping poisons out of the environment... no bug sprays, no insect sprays of any kind... this just hurts our pretty song birds... they all have a song... and we hear them all year long... just listen...  they are wonderful... so find more love for the birds that live near and with you...

My little blue bird is made from a Tim Holtz die cut... and I used AC metal to cover chipboard... and then alcohol inks to color the bird... I want this little one a little textured... so I added some Weathered Blue Distress embossing powder to the top of the bird...

Now this bird is holding a new bead that I just made... it is made with fiber... and I love making them... also a little ultra thick Utee... wow love it... making some ore when I get a chance...  the ribbon.. oh well had to use a little more of this great stuff...

So that is my tag... I will use it on a scrapbook page... and not really sure yet which page will get embellished with it... I do love the tag... and the delicate-ness of it...  hope you enjoy all these challenges too... and have a great MONDAY... and a GREAT and SAFE 4th...  have some watermelon... I made 1000's of watermelon balls this morning... and had to snack as I was doing it too... they will be so pretty in a watermelong bowl... with some mint leaves... delicious for a pre-diner treat...

Thanks for stopping by today... and please come back soon...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

10 comments:

  1. Really great tag, love the blue and the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag and your flower is yummy I save all my towels from mopping up and use them for all sorts of things so individual ;0)

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tag! Your comment about using a wipe for the gorgeous flower has me running to my garbage can and dishing out the wipe I used to clean up my over spraying. can't wait to give it a try later tonight! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, this is a beautiful work of art! I love the design with the sweet birds, and you did a GREAT job with the GM14 technique. I know what you mean-- I need a couple hundred Mini Misters now, too!

    Have a wonderful time with your little grandson. He's lucky to have a grandma who crafts with him. He'll always cherish the projects you do together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty birds! I agree, I could use more of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your chatty posts - makes me feel at home, lol! Your tag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tag - so fresh and free - love your images and colours! Great creation!

    ReplyDelete