Followers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Resist on a coaster????

Oh what fun I have had... My good friend and neighbor Sande always gets me into trouble... she gave me a couple of things that she found on line... and then says we should make them... well I find them like a challenge in so many ways...  so here is one that I fell in love with... I did change things around a little bit... but what fun they are...

They are easy to make and you can create anything on them that your heart desires... like this one... I combined a challenge with this one... The Tim Holtz Challenge which you can find on this blog...  Called Studio L3  ... I love creating some of the challenges... even though I have done them before... it is always FUN to create them again and again...

And RESIST... my all time favorite...

I made the cover of this a little bit on the simple side... the simple resist side... LOL.. I used one stamp and about 5-6 distressing inks... when I use my Distressing inks I can't really remember what I use... I just use... I distressed the esges... and then added all the goodies... which I will talk about as I go along here...
This is what the book looks like when it is open... so you can see a few of the colors I used... pinks, yellow,orange and browns...  even a little antique Linen.. as that is an all time favorite... that is for sure..

On the front cover I added a glass slide... which is really a faux slide...


I used a cute little picture... and GLUED it onto a sheet of plastic from  the GARBAGE.... you know the kind of plastic... from a die cut, or a punch, or anything that we buy... well I can't throw it away... I cut off the funny edges and save for a use... this is one of those uses...  I put copper tape around the edges.. .and have a very nice slide...


I did the same with the heart... but no foil..



Here's the heart up close... love it...

So cute and sassy...












Okay.... then of course I had to add a flower... I am really into making these great fun flowers... they are so much fun... I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die cut...  so many great and fun things to use the line for...

check out Tim's Blog... you will find tons of fun things to create and amuse your muse...

I also made the face that is hiding behind the flower... air dry clay and voila... a fun blue face... 



I have to go back to the front again... as I forgot to tell you about making the big beads... on the ends of the ribbon... they are made from paper... yes paper...

I love making them... and I have jars of them ready to go... onto anything that needs them...






The inside of this book... is really quite unique... it has two panels to decorate with pictures... the whole book is only about 5X4... and the panels open to be about 3.5 X10... so there are 4 sections... on each side... and that is enough to create a nice little book... with a fun theme...

I used Tim's Birds for this one... and clear embossing powder for the images... 

The 'corking' areas are coasters... yes coasters turned up side down... and makes for a nice sturdy cover... and little book...  a little ribbon and you are done...

Here is the inside of one of the sections... I used the same bird set to stamp all the images on the inside... 
Again using Distress INks for the colors...



Here is another one that I also created...
A little bit different... but still so much fun...

I love these huge flowers...





This is the inside of this one... I love this dragonfly paper by K and Co... really a very special paper for me...

Yet another one...

This one I used a piece of K and Co paper with Glitter and butterflies...

I added another large flower... some charms.. and I made my Dream tag with a spellbinder...
I distressed it with distressing glitter and also some inks... always fun... I also used the Swirl by Tim Holtz's die templates... 


The inside of the butterfly book...

Did you expect anything less????  More Butterflies of course...  a little silk ribbon that I made from a piece of cloth hanging around in my studio...

So there you have it...

A nice fun little project... now all I have to do is to give them a few pictures prior to giving them as presents to people... 

Hope you are creating... go to the two sites listed above... you will certainly see lots of goodies at both... join in on the fun... create a resist project...

Thanks for stopping by for a visit... love it when you comment too... thanks for both...
Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your books are lovely! So glad to have found your blog. You rocked the technique. And the beads are awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie! This is my first time visiting your blog and I realized I owe you an email! I will send it right now.

    I am so jealous that you have a neighbor to play with. Your books are incredible. Love what you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous, Bonnie!

    Hugs, April

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous books, so many interesting elements.
    thanks for sharing
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh lovely books your really into these Love them both for different reasons :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous books. Each one is so unique. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well look at what you have been cooking up in the craft room!!! This is awesome Bonnie. How cute and clever this is. I love how you did your ribbon too. You always make something so unique and intriguing. Have a wonderful day.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your book is just gorgeous! love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful work and you've used this technique in a fabulous way on your books - looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these little books, would make great gifts. Yours look terrific Bonnie you really nailed the technique. I love the extra bits that you made as well. Great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie - what precious little treasures. They are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous books! I just love them and especially your flowers.

    ReplyDelete