Followers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Octagon Explosion! ! !

Oh yes... I needed to do something that was alittle bit different.... you know me... always have to push the envelope a little bit at least...  so I made an Octagon explosion box.... with some flowers on the top.... all a la Tim .... I used tissue tape all over this little box.. and of course some vintage paper, that is almost truly vintage as I have had it for so very long... LOL... at least 12 years now...

The flowers were cut with Tim's Floral Die template... adn the swirls were cut with the flourish die... yes by Tim...  I painted the swirls with Twinkling H20's to give it a little pizzaze... and now I have to decorate the inside... I will show you when I do that too... but I wanted to share this one with you... as I know that you will want to make one too...

You can see that the sides have 'spaces' and that something is going to happen... LOL... love the openness of this box... I think I will put some vintage pictures of my Mom in this one... it will be so cute... I am also going to put layers of pages in each section too...

I used the tissue tape all over the box as you can see...




  Just a little bit closer for you...

Since I have dial up, I have to use very small pictures... so when you click on these... there is nothing larger... ooooops... sorry about that...

Some day they MIGHT get some phone lines in this remote area... and then I will be able to get dsl... YEAH....

My neighbor says that she lives in Podunk... and I always say I live in Paradise... but with the DSL.. I am starting to think that there is another name entirely for this kind of abuse with no dsl... LOL...

Anyway... this is a little bit closer...





No here is what happens when you take the top off the box... an octagon explosion box... !!!

Yes I used a lot of tissue tape... I love that stuff... great... and if you have any problems with it not sticking... just use a little white glue and it is fine...

I think I have all the 'flavors' of the tape... and... even the Christmas ones... they are all fun to use... and the Halloween one is being used for a Type print tray for Halloween... yes I have started on Halloween already... better early than late... and besides... kids need things early on... not late... and it is for our grandson...

So dont' you think that this will be cute with more of these 'pages' loaded with pictures of my Mom as she was growing up... she is 92 almost... so these pictures are truly vintage plus... hey... so are my baby pictures... LOL... fun and games...

The flowers on the top!!!!

I again used a vintage paper to create them... and then the swirl die to add an accent... I didn't use any inks to 'antique' them yet... but I think I will when I add the additional pages... I will most likley add distressing inks to the entire project...

I just got so excited to share this one with you... so you are deeing it prior to it really being finished...

Have fun... and yes Wanda... it is fun... let it go girl... your style will soar with it... great fun... a little bit different... but still the flowers and swirls... love it...

Hope you all have a wonderful day... thanks for stopping by for a visit... and hope to see ya'll back here... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. What a great box Bonny, it's so beautiful. I love the flowers very much too. Maby you want to come over to my blog ans see what a different explosion box I had made. I like that to, to make different creations.
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful, Bonnie! Love the explosion design with eight sides! Great look and so beuatifully detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your well decorated exploding box Bonnie. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique and beautiful box! I love all the vintage style papers you used! Just ordered Tim's floral dies and hope to be creating some flowers of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This box is wonderful Bonnie! love the papers and the great flowers!

    ReplyDelete