Followers

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hexagon box

Okay... so I had to make another box...  this time it has 6 sides...  and yes it is also an explosion box... 
I used some pretty vintage paper for the box... and this little bird and flowers jsut fit perfectly on the top... and there was still room for a surprise... 


 So I added the surprise... another large flower... do you think I am addicted to making these flowers... ??? You are so very right... I love making them... each one is so different and so very unique... I love making them... and even more I love making projects to put them on... the best ever... 

This is what the sides look like... I used Tissue Tape by Tim Holtz... on all the edges... it finishes everything off so very nicely...

Again I used some vintage papers on this box... and still wanted to add a little more jazz to it all... so I stamped in different places also... and then added a layer of paper lace using a Spellbinder die cut .... love the look of this...  



So you take the lid off... and WOW....  Now you see the explosion of the layers in front of you... so many places to put all kinds of things... I am going to use this box as a Photo/scrapbook... I jsut received a box of over 80 pictures of my mom as she was growing up...  so guess what... I think some of these pictures will end up here... these pictures are over 85 years old... at least most of them are... my Mom is 92... so take it from there... I have a picture of her on her first birthday!!!! How special is that... Anyway... I have scanned all the pictures into the computer... so that I can print out what ever size I need...  besides these are the pictures with the white frame around them... some even have a special vintage design around them... LOL.. how very special... 

Each layer has 6 pieces and they are not even... so there are 18 spaces for pictures... 
I just stuck the orange flower there... I love these flowers... 

Can you tell I love these flowers... ????  LOL... 

So there you have it.. another box... another day... 

I am working on a wedding album for my Mom too.. she finally got hold of a picture of her on her wedding day... my parents were married during WW2.... and the money wasn't as freely flowing back then for pictures etc... so this one is very special... you can't see their faces very good... as they were in a shadow.. but it will do... it is them... and they had a nice long life together... over 59 years... that is a long time... 

Well check back in... I might have a few pages done... I also have another box to share with you... and yes it also has flowers on it... what else... 

Hope you have a creative day... make something special for someone in you life...  and enjoy making it...  

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, is this ever gorgeous!! What a beautifully done project, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, this is an awesome project. It will be a wonderful keepsake with pictures of your mom from over the years. I hope you will do a tutorial on how it's made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful box you've made. Lovely paper did you use.

    greetings Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome!!!! All that talent in one person, you blow my mind!

    ReplyDelete