Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to one and all


Happy Mothers Day to all women… as we are all mothers of the Great and wonderful Earth Mother…

I wanted to create a special something for our daughter for Mother’s day… and had been working on all kinds of projects over the past couple of weeks… and really didn’t know what to create for her…

Finally I realized that I would make a pretty bouquet of flowers for the top of a footed box!!!! YES… she loves boxes, loves Yellow and Green…  , loves pretty things… so yes… this was going to be a fun easy project… which it was… 

Yellow Rose Bouquet on top of Box 


I had bought about 8 boxes at the Dollar store a year ago… they were $1.00   I wish I could underline that and make it 10 feet tall… $1.00 for these great little wooden boxes… they are all different shapes and will all be turned into something fun… 

This one I wanted to have feet on it… so I chose one that would allow me to do that… Rectangle it was… 

Foot by Tim Holtz


Then I lightly sanded the box… not very much… as I wanted it a little rough… to hold the paint better… as I was going to use Twinkling H20’s….  in Olive Vine!!!  Wow what a wonderful color…  painted the box… then allowed it to dry… something that is very hard for me to do… but hey… I had all day to fiddle around with this project… and so no hurry… even though I wanted to see it all finished and ready to go to her…  YES!!!!
Lining of the bottom of the box with paper I painted


So while I was waiting… I painted a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper with H20’s for the lining of the box, then I painted some yellow roses for the  inside lid of the box….

The paint was still damp… so I have to wait some more… ugh… not good… maybe a light with a purple light bulb… it will act as the sun… nice a warm… ohhhhh that will help…

So I then decided that I would start on the flower bouquet for the top of the box…  Using my Rose Creations by Spellbinder, I cut out tons of flowers… using all the sizes… you just never know what you are going to need… I think I cut out 5 of each size… and then I painted them all yellow…  some of the smaller ones I used another color a little bit darker… for  the center of the roses…  I then molded each flower base and put them one inside of the other to create the flower…  Oh they are so very pretty… I love these flowers…  I used the lacey oval by Spellbinders for the base of my bouquet and then cut out some foliage (another Spellbinder set)  and placed that under the flowers…  so very delicate and wonderful… 

Roses on top of box ... a closeup


Some pearls in the centers of each flower… and then a diamond glaze over each flower and the leaves…. Set aside to DRY….

And the box is still wet… but it is dry enough for me to glue the legs onto the box… which I did… I love these feet by Tim Holtz… great for all kinds of things… use t hem on even altered books… but legs…

So now everything is wet… so I will go make dinner…

Dinner is ready… and nothing is dry… so I let it all sit over night… and in between made a card… using a couple of the yellow flowers…  will show that to you soon…

Inside lid of box ... water colored roses

So I cut the paper that I painted for the lining of the box the next morning… and then inserted the water colored roses..  I did pop dot the roses so that they stood out away from the bow lid… 

Then I again pop dotted the lacey oval and roses… Now the box is finished… and I love it… I know that our daughter will too…  
the inside of the box 


Hope that ya’ll have a wonderful Mother’s Day… and enjoy it to the fullest… sit down, do what ever makes you happy all day long… and totally enjoy…

Our daughter was here prior to mother’s day and our son will be with us for a week after mother’s day… what wonderful gifts to have them around us …. Love it…
Have a fun day… and thanks for stopping by for a visit… love it when you stop by and especially love to hear you comments… 

Love, Light and Peace… Bonnie 

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    What a gorgeous Mothers Day gift. Your daughter is very lucky to have a mom like you. She will certainly treasure this gift.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL. Love all the details and I know your daughter will love this. Happy Mothers Day to you and hope you enjoy your son's visit next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done Bonnie! Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, I know you had so much fun finishing this box. It is so beautiful!! Wonderful job and Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a labor of love! The box is gorgeous! So glad you had your children home for Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete