Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Painting and getting messy area...

Okay... every studio or work space needs to have a space where you can let it all go... this is a very important area... sometimes people get up set when they are in someone elses space... and need to feel free... so I hope that this does it in my studio... When you are relaxed... everything seems to flow a lot easier... and that is what I am trying to do for me and others...

This space is right behind My Space... so all I have to do is to turn around it I am there... it is also a long enough space that two of us can work there... which is great... This is where all my paints, inks etc are kept...

As you can see... I build with boards, containers, bins... what ever is at hand... I need things to be at certain levels... and that is the main purpose... nothing more of less...

On the far left is paper... which I will show you tomorrow or the next day... dont' worry... you WILL see it all..

On the top you will see drawers... and there are crapas, stick pastels, expensive pastels for portrait drawing... ink pads... not used that often... that is because it is on the 2nd or top shelf... next to it... the drawers are loaded with all my inks from Ranger... they are used only for filling up pads, and sometimes if I want to do a lot of brayer work... but the drawers are then removed...  I have two drawers of inks... and they are tall so the the other drawers have been removed... but the other ones are hold my chalks... I have them all... as my good friend Ellen... she works for the distributing company... and is always asking me for samples of cards using the chalks... and then will give me the set I have used... how wonderful... so I have them all.. I love making the cards anyway...

Underneath that area... there is a board... that is held up by two other sets of drawers... you will see why in a minute... anyway the far left lower set of drawers holds my most used ink pads... Ranger Archival... and all the inks to refill the pads... all at hand... nice and convenient... in front of that ... my wooden bin of acrylic blocks... and the double sided tape I use to hold the stamps in place... real expensive(LOL)... and really works best for me...

The other thing that I want to bring to your attention... is that I have and use often for a lot of things... a large 12 x 12 foam sheet for stamping, creating petals of flowers on... I use it a lot and keep it in this area... 99% of the time... Keeping tools where they SHOULD be is also important ... so you don't have to waste time looking all over for them... I still do my fair share... please don't get the idea that this is always perfect and always in place... when working... I sometimes do stop and clean up so I can continue... as I do tend to get a wee bit sloppy at times...

Okay... now you can see why I need to make a shelf... as I needed a shorter area underneath for all my paints...
My Twinkling H20's... I love them... and use them all the time... They have to be convenient or you will not use them..
So each color has it's own drawer... it starts up in the top left corner with red... then to pinks... then to yellows... next row... oranges, light green... dark green....
Next row... turquoise... blues and light purples
Next row... dark purples, light tans and browns
then all the others like white, black, gold, and the other metal colors...  brushes are right above... all convenient too... a spray bottle to wet the colors... and paper towels on the lower level...  the little bins of bottles above the drawers... oh my goodness... another obsession...

RANGER GLITZ... Three bins of them... first there is the stickles... again all in color order so you can find the color easily you are looking for... and then the next bin is Liquid pearls... and dimensional pearls... and then distress stickles... three bins filled with lovely GLITZ!!!!  How perfect can that be...

I think you can also see that I have my rough and ready tan embossing sheets on the table too... under the purple foam... I am all ready in this area to create a mess... and no problem at all..


This is the top area again.. over my paints... I just realized I forgot to photograph an area...  I will try and add that in prior to letting this be released... I have time and am doing this for the entire week.. .as I am taking a break from blogging and going to really put all my time into getting these other projects DONE... need to... they are gifts...

Okay... this is a not much used product area... but I still use all these things... so they need to be organized and ready to go...

Spritzers... beads, Tim Holtz stampers for all the colors... and bins of embossing powder... what color do you need... it is there..  and then I have a lot of twinkling h20 spritzers too... they are really a lot of fun to use... but when I use them.. I need to use them all.. and I bring down the entire bin... and cover everything around me and the area... I get a little carried away with them... so much fun... You can see all the toyz and things... and you have most of them too... just remember when oranizing them... put them into an area where you will be doing this kind of activity... that is the important factor... keeping like things togehter...

4 comments:

  1. Hello my sweet Bonnie! I am finally here!! I hope you don't mind a blanket thankyou for all the wonderful things you've posted in the past week, but my hand is still really sore, and typing is a chore. I love to see how everyone organizes....we are all so different. Keep up the posting, my papepr doll buddy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you organize. Thanks for following my blog. Its very nice of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was an interesting tour. I think you are so right that if they are not visible you don't use them. I try to keep everything organized but it is hard when I'm running out of space.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete