Followers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Happiness is....

Happiness is many things to many people...
Today I am really feeling very different and also creating so many different things on so many different levels... I would really like to share some with you...
This card... Yesterday I decided that I was going to create some digital images that we could all use along with our Spellbinders... so I sat down and drew quite a few of them... which I will be releasing this week... I love them all.. and am having fun creating with each and every one of them...

With that in mind you will have to to PRETTIES BY BONNIE to see all the different views of this card... and also the image and all the goodies that go along with it... but the card is here also.. 

There is an inside... you can see it on Pretties by Bonnie... So go over and take a look see...

Something else also happened... and so many times when you get an e-mail you read it ... delete it... maybe send it on to a few people... or something like that... but that is the end of it...

This one... wow... it really struck HOME... I guess because of the time of the year... and wanting to say THANK YOU to every one ... in as many ways as possible...

I really wanted to share this one with you...





Too Busy for a Friend?

One day a teacher asked her students to list the names of the other students in the room
on two sheets of paper, leaving a space between each name.

Then she told them to think of the nicest thing they could say about each of
their classmates and write it down.
It took the remainder of the class period to finish their assignment, and as the students left the room, each one handed in the papers. That Saturday, the teacher wrote down the name of each student on a separate sheet of paper, and listed what everyone else had said about that
individual.

On Monday she gave each student his or her list. Before long, the entire class
was smiling. 'Really?' she heard whispered. 'I never knew that I meant
anything to anyone!' and, 'I didn't know others liked me so much,' were most
of the comments.
No one ever mentioned those papers in class again. She never knew if they discussed them after class or with their parents, but it didn't matter. The
exercise had accomplished its purpose. The students were happy with
themselves and one another. That group of students moved on.

Several years later, one of the students was killed in Viet
Nam
and his teacher attended the funeral of that
special student. She had never seen a serviceman in a military coffin
before. He looked so handsome, so mature..
The church was packed with his friends. One by one those who loved him took a last walk by the coffin. The teacher was the last one to bless the coffin.

As she stood there, one of the soldiers who acted as pallbearer came up to her.
'Were you Mark's math teacher?' he asked. She nodded: 'yes.' Then he said:
'Mark talked about you a lot.'
After the funeral, most of Mark's former classmates went together to a luncheon. Mark's mother and father were there, obviously waiting to speak with his teacher.

'We want to show you something,' his father said, taking a wallet out of his
pocket 'They found this on Mark when he was killed. We thought you might
recognize it.'
Opening the billfold, he carefully removed two worn pieces of notebook paper that had obviously been taped, folded and refolded many times. The teacher knew without looking that the papers were the ones on which she had listed all
the good things each of Mark's classmates had said about him.
'Thank you so much for doing that,' Mark's mother said. 'As you can see, Mark
treasured it.'
All of Mark's former classmates started to gather around. Charlie smiled rather sheepishly and said, 'I still have my list. It's in the top drawer of my
desk at home.'
Chuck's wife said, 'Chuck asked me to put his in our wedding
album.'
'I have mine too,' Marilyn said. 'It's in my diary'    Then Vicki, another classmate, reached into her pocketbook, took out her wallet and showed her worn and frazzled list to the group. 'I carry this with me at all times,' Vicki said and without batting an eyelash, she continued: 'I think we all saved our lists'

That's when the teacher finally sat down and cried. She cried for Mark and for all
his friends who would never see him again.
The density of people in society is so thick that we forget that life will end one day. And we don't know when that one day will
be.
So please, tell the people you love and care for, that they are special and
important. Tell them, before it is too late.

Remember, you reap what you sow. What you put into the lives of others comes back into
your own.

May Your Day Be Blessed As Special As You Are


It really hit me in a very different way... I hope that after reading this, that you will tell some of your special friends how much they mean to you... I am telling all of YOU that you are special to me... special in so many different ways...

When you leave comments, you encourage me to make more and more cards... when you ask questions you bring the teacher out in me... when you visit it makes me realize that I must be doing something that others like... and so I want to say THANK YOU to all of you for being here and helping in the way you do to create this blog...

I want to say THANK YOU  to all the gals and DT that create challenges for us all to play  with and create different things with... THANKS to all of you... you are all special.. .and even though we don't have all of your names on a piece of paper that we carry around, we do carry you around all the time in our hearts and thoughts...

So please read these words and send them on, or send people here to read them...

The Happiness is... YOU... my heart is there in my work and I love creating for all to see... to enjoy and understand that life is an on going process that we are learn from...

This card is also for a challenge... Betty Wright has a color challenge #292... pink, red and green with handwriting... how perfect did this digital go with this challenge???  Please don't forget to go visit my blog  PRETTIES BY BONNIE to see all the details on this digital image... and also all the others...

Have a super nice day... and thanks again for visiting my blog and taking a helping hand in creating it...
Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie 

6 comments:

  1. Bonnie
    Lovely card and lovely email. Funny how some things have the power to change lives.
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie I received that email a while back and I loved it then and do today too! Thanks for the reminder~~ I'm glad I gotten to "know" you through your blog and your beautiful works of art you do. Off to check out Pretties by Bonnie.. Have a great rest of the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Bonnie, you are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty and dainty card!
    Loved your blog post today and the message(s). You are truly a special person and I am glad that I have gotten to know you! I know that you put your heart into all you do! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, you just made my day. THANK YOU!! We do get so busy in our everyday lives that we forget to "stop and smell the roses". "THANK YOU" for your inspiraton and all the beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete