Followers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My First cards on the Cuttlebug Design Team

Okay... the challenge of the week on the Cuttlebug blog... is color... so make a card and link it into the blog... using Mr Linkie...

Use these three colors... red, pink and turquoise...

So I had fun creating these two cards... of course I did... I always have fun creating... don't you????

I love this Geisha girl... and haven't used her yet... so I thought I would give this a try... she is so delicate and pretty... and so I embossed her and then painted her with my Twinkling H20's... for those of you who don't know what H20's are... they are little pots of paint... and once they are dry ... they TWINKLE... I love them..
So I cut her out... and then painted some flowers... which are Pretties by Bonnie flowers... of course they are.. check them out... they are fun to use.. and you can make them any size your heart desires... they are digital images... then since I made the Geisha.. .I had to use the Cherry Blossom embossing folder... and behind that I put a frame made from a Martha Stewart border and corner punch set...

Added some ribbon and pearls.. and called it finished... I love the flowing ribbon which the flowers are being carried on... I enjoyed adding that to her... a free flowing feeling...





Okay... then I had to do one with a lovely saying..

The JOY you give to others is the JOY that comes back to you...

So very true... What you give out, you get back doubled... be it good or bad... so make sure you are a good person and send love to all.....

I used a piece of softly printed plaid paper... and ran it thru my trusy little Cuttlebug... and used the heart folder from Love Language... so sweet ... and then used a Distressing pad by Tim Holtz to add the color to it...

Of course I had to also use a Martha Stewart punch here and there... and so I added one at the top and bottom of t he card...

I created the framed space for the sentiment using a Spellbinder label die set...

The Flowers... of course some more of Pretties by Bonnie flowers... and then I used sme Liquid pearls in the center as a finishing touch...

I love to use Pinks and Reds together... but the turquiose did throw me at first... but I loved using it with these two dynamic colors... Nice challegne... try it and post your card on the Cuttlebug blog... there is a link above... hope you will try it out.. .

Thanks...

Have a wonderful day... and enjoy playing... use and create something NEW with your embossing folders...

***** WHAT... you have NONE... well girl go get into your car and go find some ... they are fun to use and you can create all kinds of fun things with them.. .you will enjoy using them...
I certainly do.. that is for sure... ******

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie...

11 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie...
    Welcome to the Team!!!love your work:)
    Your card is sooo`beautiful`
    Have a fab week:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are so you......colorful, creative, well thought out......lady, you ROCK!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie both of your cards are delightful, welcome to the cuttlebug challenge DT we are so happy to have you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love all the textures on these beauties Bonnie! the white BG looks great with the colors added on - what lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What amazing creations - you know how to make the most of your cb! Fabulous job~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! These are so beautiful, Bonnie! I love the crisp white on white and the detailing is just stunning and so beautifully done! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are exquisite!! You are off to a fabulous start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the dt appointment-that's so exciting-your cards are gorgeous-my fav is the joy card looks so feminine

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! I love these folders--where did you get them? I have never seen these before? How did I miss?
    Love to know where you found them...
    http://kitchentablecrafter.blogspot.com

    Thanks,
    --Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are in the heights of the clouds being on this DT... way to go with your first official cards, talk about jam packed with CB, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie both of your cards are amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete