Followers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Erte's Gallery

Today on SCS we were given the challenge to go to Erte's gallery on line and view it... and then become inspired... oh wow... I had a difficult time trying to limit my inspiration to just these four cards and the mask... I could have spent a week doing all kinds of cards from this site... hie pieces were FANTASTIC and so very elegantly done.. and one piece was nicer than the next... I really had a very difficult time choosing... but I finally narrowed it down to 24 and then down to 8 and then to four... it was a huge struggle for me... When I saw each piece that I choose, I had a particular stamp in mind to use... and even though some of these stamps I have never used... (butterfly) I knew I had them... and I knew what I was going to do... prior to choosing them... it was truly a no brainer in all ways...

This one on the left.. Red Tulip... I had just received the K and Company paper order... and had drolled over so many of the sheets... wondering how and when I would be using them.. this one with the Red Poppies... it is really magnificent... and with this Black and white print... Oh I love it.. You can't see the bow on this card... but it is really pretty... and make the card what it is... my favorite.. .well maybe not the #1... but tied...

In Erte's picture that inspired me... his girl was in all white... and had red lipstick... and was on a red floral background, with an all black hand hold an all black rose... I chose the paper and the bow to represent that.... I love this.. It was a lot of fun to make and to have..

Now this one... is tied for the #1 place... I love the drama of this site.. it was very dramatic for me... I don't usually do this type of card at all.. so it is out of the box for me, but the creativity is not.. I love this type of thing...

Again the Black paper with the white large dots... a new paper from K and Company... and I made it smaller than the 5x7 ... and mounted it onto vanilla bazzill paper... for that slightly different texture...

I put the ribbon off the shoulder ... to show his feeling for costume, women, and sexiness of his work... Then of course I knew which stamp I was going to be using.. and she says it all... elegance... and the Jack in the pulpit is where she got her name... Jack in the Pulpit.. I colored the Jack in the pulpit with three shades of purple and two pinks... with Twinkling H20's...

The drama... the three large black pearls on the top... and the purple frame around the stamped area...
This is how I started my morning off though.. .with this mask...I felt that I needed to have one to work on this project... I had to literally take my mask off... and create the cards I did... the purple and white feathers... removed.. the dark cloud of not knowing if I could pull this one off.. .oh sure I can... what is there to making a few cards... the gems of belief... the old rhinestone necklace... drapped around the front... all in masquerade of the fact that I can do what ever I desire...

And with that the day proceeded... with gusto.. and lots of fun..






Este had a necklace in the shape of an octagon... and it had an egyptian person in the cneter of it... and then a few other things hanging off... so this is my feeling of that necklace...

The Gems on the upper right are to represent the neclace part of that piece... and the colors are to me so very egyptian.. and of course the woman... yikes.. I love her..

I painted her with my twinkling H20's... and then added dimensional pearls and stickles to her, to accent her headdress... and arm bands...

Love her too... it is a toss up as to which is really my favorite.. can you understand that now... I love them all.. but in a few days... I will be ready to pass them on to thier new homes...





This piece I loved.. it was of a fan, and in the fan he had painted a woman... and she was of spirit... and away from the fan( Where I have the silver dots) he had tiny jet silver planes flying away from the fan.??? But I did mine a little bit different... I chose to use this wonderful butterfly from Inkadinkadoo... as it has fairies in it... look closely... can you see them... there are flowers, I painted them purple... andthere are mushrooms.. which are very difficult to see... but they are there... and then I made the lace on the top with vellum and a punch from Blue Hill.. (it makes squares, circles and ovals... so it ws perfect for this trim... ) then I added the silver dots.. .very plain and simple.. as was his..

I hope you enjoyed this visit with me to this gallery.. it was wonderfully exciting and I just might do another couple of cards today.. time allowing..

Thanks for stopping by... and have a wonderful day and evening...

Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment