Followers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sunflowers to Warm the Inner being !

Oh yes.. it might be winter out, but there is no harm in thinking warm summer days... in the summer we think of cooler days and in the winter warmer days... what ever is wrong with us... we are never satisfied with the weather... are we..???

Anyway this sunflower thing all started on Monday with Lynn asking in a challenge to create the brush textures of Van Gogh!!!! I was working on a special project (a big secret for right now) and couldnt' get to it until later... but when I did I knew what I was going to do...

So I gather up my stamp... papers and markers and created the card with the Butterfly... (way down at the bottom of this page... these cards don't stay where I want them.. sorry about that..)
The pen strokes are to represent the brush strokes of Van Gogh!!!
I added the butterfly for spice... A quick easy card...

Then on Tuesday, Betty gave a color combination challenge of Rust, Banana, and gray... Oh my goodness... I had to go looking for a piece of gray paper... but I did find one... phew.. thought I would never find it... but I was lucky.. one piece!!!! no mistakes were allowed on this project.. .

So I took the same stamp... as it was still out from last night... (Oh you caught me... I dont' always pick up all the time... just 99% of the time... but that is okay... ) anyway it was still on the acrylic block ( the one I got from Impression Obsession... it is great... the one with the handle) anyway... I got that stamped and then wanted to make it totally different if I could...
I wanted a huge center... one that stuck out to represent the magnificence of the huge sunflowers we have growing... tall ones... 18feet tall... (not kidding either... ) So I thought how perfect it would be to have flower soft all over the center of the flower.. .but I only had white!!!! Well wait a minute.. .I gather that flower soft up, and put some into a little zip lock bag... put in some alcohol inks... (rust of course) and had this really rich brown flower soft.. perfect for the center of my flower... Add some black pearls and what a center I had... now she also asked us to use a charm... so I knew I had a couple of bees.. ( I love insects of all kinds.. on a card) and so I put one of them on... a little bow and it was done... love it...

Of course I used my Spellbinders... where would I be without them... I used one of the label ones... also my dotted swiss embossing folder by Cuddlebug... love them too.. perfect together...

Hope you enjoyed your warm stay here... Thanks for visiting my site...
Have a great day... and create something that you love...

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment