Followers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13th... a lucky Sunday

Today started with a very nice letter from Split Coast Stampers stating that three of my cards had been selected as favorites... quite an honor to say the least... I am very proud and honored by the fact that these gals do lovely, outstanding and beautiful work themselves... so to say that my card is a favorite of theirs is super good to me...

I have been having fun, and playing as always creating different things... and so yesterday I created a few more cards... I decided that I had better start to create some Thank You cards... so here are a few that I have added to my Thank You card bin... (yes bins of cards are all over my studio... and they are getting to be very full !!! )
I love to do this type of art on Velum... a little stylist and a design and I am all set to play away... these two designs are from Some Assembly Required... and so very perfect for this time of year... I did one in The lavendar/deep purple combination and also in the blues... I used a cuddlebug embossing folder behind each one... And also used my loving Spellbinders to create the white frames for both. I also used the Spellbinder butterfly to create each of the butterflies... by using different types of paper... velum and also a printed white on white paper... love the effect...

Have you ever been to a paper/scarpbook convention??? At the one in Greenville, SC in September I sat down at the SAR booth and created this little velmum beauty... and it was put into a little mini card.. well it didn't stay in there too long... I removed it and used it for a nice card that I can send to a friend.. Never let anything go waste.. (well with in reason.. you still have to be able to move... and if it is not organized, you will never use it or even know where it is... both very important....)





This cards is another example of saving whenever possible... I was taking my paper garbage out the other day and realized that I should do something about the amount of paper I throw away... one way is this...

When I am going to cut out a die... I use a piece of paper the size of a card.... 4.25 X 5.5 and locate the 'possible' area where this could be used again...

So I needed a white snowflake... and I put it where you now see the navy snowflake... and cut it out... and used it on another card... so I had a piece of paper left...with the white snowflake removed... (these are all in a ceratin loaction so that I can easily find them..) I took a brillance ink pad and put some scuff marks around that paper... added a navy blue snowflake... and a few small white ones that I punched using the Martha Stewart snowflake punch.. and had a nice card front... Put some Stickles glitter on and it was done.. saved some paper in the whoe process too..

Santa is joyous in all ways... isn't he??? So todays' challenge on SCS is to look through Pam124's Gallery and create a card using her's as inspiration... so afterviewing all the lovely cards, I chose to use the colors of quite a few of her cards... Red with white as a second color.. and a little green... I added the ribbon and rick rac as texture... as she uses a lot of textures too.. Santa is joyous on this card... and he is getting ready to visit your home... hope he brings you all the goodies you want... have a happy day and enjoy. Play with some paper and ink... and create a masterpiece...

Love, Light and Peace... Bonnie...

No comments:

Post a Comment